When people get sentimental, they usually flip through albums and look at the pictures that depict the things that happened in their lives. These pictures are not simply pieces of colored papers with images for they can trigger deeply-seated emotions. Emotions vary depending on the memories attached to these images seen and preserved.
One of the moments that most people would really love to preserve is their wedding day.
For this reason people hire professional photographers to capture their weddings. Many wedding photographs will be posed but perhaps the best will be those candid moments if they can be captured. Most photographers that are employed for weddings have assistants so that they can maximize their strategy in creating an album that will best capture the special day.
What if you also wanted to take pictures of a friend’s wedding?
Here are a few basic techniques and styles for anyone who wants to capture the said event using a digital camera:
1. If you want to take a picture of a couple or any intended target, make sure that the background is good and the environment is not over crowded.
2. If there is a nice background but it is hard to focus on the couple, you may shoot them from shoulder up.
3. If some of the guests are wearing glasses you can ask them to tilt their heads a little down or sideways to avoid getting the glaring effect that normally happens when the flash is used.
4. If there is a couple or a group that you wish to include in the picture, you should zoom in or out of the picture.
5. Candid shots are also dramatic. These portraits reveal more than the quality of the picture itself. Most photographers work hard to capture these special moments.
6. You should be alert at all times since you can seldom ask individuals to pose again for you.
7. Your digital camera should be equipped with the appropriate memory cards or sticks to ensure that no great moment is missed.
In other words, you have to have an extra memory card especially when you want more moments to preserve. The following suggestions should be considered before buying a memory card:
a. for 3 mega pixels – a 256 MB memory card
b. for 4 mega pixels – a 512 MB memory card
c. for 6 mega pixels – 1 gigabyte memory card
8. You are not advised to use low resolutions if the images will be displayed and hung later. Just always remember that the higher the resolution utilized, the larger the size of prints that can be made.
Photography is truly a wonderful art. Weddings are wonderful events. The union of these things will trigger emotions and memories that will last a lifetime.